It's astounding, it's amazing, it's so 2.0, it's 23 things, it undoubtedly will win me a laptop and loads of chocolate, as well as make me slices of toast.

Friday, October 12, 2007

Zing! Go the strings of thing five

Thing #5: Write a 50-100 word Post (on your blog) About Your Article from Thing #2

The title of the article I read as part of Thing Two was 'Tech Trends in Libraries: the Good News and the Bad News and why library 2.0 is no big deal'
The article was by Jessamyn West, and I found it by typing in Library 2.0 and following a few links. Seeing as it seems to be a golden rule that discussion of library 2.0 must discuss jw, one which I am happy to have adhered to, I was glad to have stumbled across someone I knew of. This bloggy world can be quite small as well as quite big.....

I already commented a little on her straightforward approach and how I approve of it, and I was delighted to see that she even commented that she was glad I liked her talk and the article. The presentation/article summed up how to apply Library 2.0 tools to libraries, and to user education.Each application was summed up and included discussion of the good and bad points.

Now I wonder.......
  • if she reads all articles on blogs on t'internet and came across mine. wow.
  • is stalking me. eek.
  • or is it just some fancy interwebthingy that lets you know when people are talking about you?
Is that fifty words? I do hope so.......

3 comments:

Jessamyn said...

At the risk of seeming more stalkerish :)

Basically there are a few good ways to see if people are linking to you and.or talking about you online. Google has a blogsearch which is pretty good at telling you if people are linking to your blog. Technorati does a similar thing. At some level though you have to decide that you're interested in interacting with people who have things to say about you and check these tools once in a while. I always figure it's no good to talk about the interactive web if you're not actually interacting on it or with it. So, when I see people mention my name I come along and say hi. Hi!

Ryan Deschamps said...

I'll add that Wordpress and/or Google Analytics have a feature that lets you know when someone links to your blog.

I found this blog by looking at the Google Analytics stats for people who linked to the Learning 2.0 blog.

Unknown said...

ah i'm disappointed, I expected that you both as web experts read everything that is on the internet. :)

Thanks for the tips....