It's astounding, it's amazing, it's so 2.0, it's 23 things, it undoubtedly will win me a laptop and loads of chocolate, as well as make me slices of toast.

Friday, October 5, 2007

Dong! Thing two

Read a Web Post that Pertains to Web 2.0 or Library 2.0

Ooh that's an easy one!

I like this presentation by Jessamyn West.
'Tech Trends in Libraries: the Good News
and the Bad News and why library 2.0 is no big deal'
After her talk in Halifax, I appreciate even more that she deals in common sense, not just tech talk.On the other hand, this post by Meredith Farkas seems to say "Grrr, i hate that library 2.0 thing" while actually wearing a t-shirt that says "The nuts an bolts of Library 2.0 are actually really useful."

I shall look around for the most un-2.0 post I can find..... Ah, I believe it could be this one, from someone who definately opened up the wrong side of the laptop this morning...... My favourite quote is "It embodies and enables the prevelance of a shallow mind and a shallow soul all to prevelent today. The type of person who has no value in themselves and instead seeks validation through others." So that's us told then!

Perhaps a good old fashioned librarian "Shhhhh" is required on the topic, but not the practice. :)

1 comment:

Jessamyn said...

Yay, I'm glad you liked it!