It's astounding, it's amazing, it's so 2.0, it's 23 things, it undoubtedly will win me a laptop and loads of chocolate, as well as make me slices of toast.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Zip! Thing Fourteen

Thing # 14: Help Someone Else do One of the 23 Things

At Sackville branch we've set up Wednesday and Friday mornings for staff to have a 30 minute session using laptops with a mentor available, sometimes myself, either in person, or just available to answer questions when they arise - it's working out really well, with rewarding results for all taking part.

Lots of staff have been giving valuable informal support too, but I think that for those not quite as used to using computers in a "2.0' way, the time set aside from the rest of their work is extremely valuable.

...... and I get to chat and blog about potato chips with Mrs. J and Dickens with Maggie, so it makes for a varied learning session!

No comments: